Dunian is meant to be a simple language that brings people together. It follows the principles of language neutrality.
Language neutrality means that in an ideal situation:
- Everybody can learn the language in approximately the same amount of time.
- Everybody has an equal standing for learning the language.
- Everybody will be previously familiar with approximately the same amount of useful words, expressions and grammar.
- Nobody is compelled to learn idiomatic expressions and irregularities that some others are previously familiar with.
- Nobody is forced to learn many new speech sounds that some others are previously familiar with.
- Everybody will find the language simple.
- Everybody will find the language logical.
- Everybody can express themselves comfortably in the language.
- Everybody feels that their language and culture has given a significant input to the world language.
Of course in reality "everybody" can't include absolutely everybody, but it should include most of the people of the world. No particular group of people (e.g. Americans, Europeans, Asians or Africans) should be favored nor excluded.